It’s been a while. Going to try to keep this palace updated better than I have for the last six months or so.
Here’s a Chewed Bubblegum Monster, and harpy from my sketchbook.
Finished the inks on the bearded vulture.
Done with the bird, and the bones and the flowers. Now for the background.
Stopped around 4:00 am this morning. About to get after it again.
Making something with a bearded vulture in it. Because they are rad.
For those who are wondering what the bartkira project is, it’s basically a mash up replacing all the characters in the Akira manga by Katsushiro Otomo, with characters from the Simpsons. It is a pretty huge undertaking with around 300 artists taking part, each working on five pages from the manga. I got pages 16-20 of Volume six. I’m not entirely happy of with how my pages turned out, but I’m glad I finished them. It is going to be such an interesting project with so many talented people involved. I can’t wait to see the compiled books.
Here are my pages.
Search the #bartkira tag on tumblr to see more (much better) pages.